Thursday 20 September 2012

Be Transparent

So seven years ago I decided to lose weight. I never thought I could do it. I flirted with it at age 22and for about 18 months, I was slimmer than ever before. The old habits die hard though and it soon came creeping back. At age 27, in September 2005, I made the decision and off I went.

Why did I do it? Here is where the transparency comes in. It was revenge! The first drive to lose weight was to get back at a girl (so was the first time round actually)

Out of respect for everyone concerned, I won't go into details but the message is loud and clear. You need a strong reason to do something, whether that be positive or negative. Getting back at someone worked wonders for me.

This can't always be the motive as you will fail however, I found learning and helping people very quickly and this carried me through. This was my reason and I kept to myself. I didn't do what I did to try and impress someone as this never works. I will talk about worthiness issues in a later post.

What is your reason? It is clear? Are you clear? Do you know why you do things? I do some silly things and I know why I do them. I still have my "make people laugh so they like you" thing going on from when I was a fat kid. It's fun knowing yourself and being able to laugh at your little imperfections. I believe denial to be a very sad and disturbing thing to go through.

For me, health and weight loss teaches us  lot about people and ourselves. You get to know yourself better, you get to know who you want to be around. This can lead to some very tough and difficult choices.

You can't be scared to make these choices if you want to live. Seeing people that you care about ruin their health, losing life long "friends" because you have changed and the inner battle with confidence versus arrogance are all part and parcel of the journey to understand life, which, at least for my money, starts with a healthy vessel to carry you through the sea.

I will keep each post quick and easy, more to follow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment